Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Next week

I had a bit of a break down yesterday, I was so tired of hearing next week. We might know something then, keep trying to call back, just try again later. I was getting to impression that no one and I mean no one was taking me seriously. I felt like because I am just throwing up you know everyone can do that for a little longer. I do not think they realized I have been throwing up none stop for 3 months!! 3 months.
But I woke up this morning with a call from my internist. She said that there were elevated porthyria cells in the urine and that she thinks this is the answer. It is where your blood production does not work right. I need to see a hematologist about this because she can not treat it herself. I explained how desperate I am right now and how miserable so she is going to try and get me into to see them asap or to be hospitalized again.
Right now I am still going to call the Mayo in case this is not the answer I do not want to have to start over again.
I am excited and it seems to cover a lot of my symptoms but I can't handle another let down. So everyone please pray and keep your fingers crossed that this is the answer they have been looking for.

2 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

I tried to do some research about this online, but did not come up with anything that helped. If this is the problem, is there a way to treat it or cure it? I hope you get to see the right doctor soon. Thanks for the updates.

rbcriss1 said...

Sorry everyone I spell it wrong its Porphyria and in the little research I have done online it is not curable but is manageable. I will know more after a see a hematologist.