Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cardiology

So my appointment wasn't quite what I wanted but it was a positive appointment. I was reaffirmed that I really do like my cardiologist he knows me as a patient without having to even look at my chart. My EKG was good my heart rate better than before but my blood pressure is still on the floor. He does not think it is a good idea to do anything right now with my heart because we can not be positive what medications are actually being absorbed and what is being thrown up. He says he doesn't want to do anything permanent till they can figure out what else is going on. He upped my blood pressure meds to every 4 hours and told me that if I am having a high heart rate day I can take an extra heart pill but I have to be very very careful with it. He thinks that until they figure out my vomiting and why I have the adrenal disorder this is all he can do. He says symbolically he is using everything in the tool box there is nothing else to try. He said I might have to get a vroom-vroom cart and wear a helmet to survive my day lol.
As much as I did not want to hear that he didn't have anything new to add he did remind me that there has to be someone out there that can help and doing something permanent to my heart is not a way out. He did down grade the appoitnment so it only cost me $100 instead of $350. So right now I am trying to find the positive in everything because no end is in sight.
I am going to call disability tomorrow but the reason I was denied (what I was scared was going to happen) is that I have no worked enough to get any benefits. It will never hurt to call but life is life. I have a doctors appointment with new horizons on the 7th of July, it is based on income, so maybe that will help with some of the prescription costs. I will continue to keep everyone updated as I know more...just keep telling myself positive thinking can go a long way.

No comments: